Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Chocolate...

I wish wish WISH chocolate was good for me. I wish I was one of those girls that could eat as much of it and not gain a pound! I wish I could bake all the time and sometimes I wish my roommate didn't love baking so much :) But, who can blame her? It's fun and she is one of those girls who can get away with eating it! I have resisted her cookies that she baked tonight and am pretty proud--because you see, baked goods = killer for me.

Yesterday I was in Smiths and this man started chatting it up with me in the 10 for 10 section. The first words out of his mouth: "To chocolate or not to chocolate...." I kind of half chuckled. He was internally and externally struggling majorly with this issue. "Ugh I really shouldn't...it's not good for my health..blah blah blah" to which I smiled and replied "But it's just SO good, huh?" haha. he jumped on the conversation opportunity and enthusiastically replied "OH YES! I'm a chocoholic. And that is one thing I don't plan on changing in my life." He just stated that so matter-of-factly that it made me kind of jealous!

I am, and always have been, a chocoholic! like majorly. But, that is something I AM always trying to change in my life. Jealous of that man in Smiths? yup! But, I also noticed that he did not "chocolate" up his life yesterday and instead, went for the Quaker Rice Cakes nearby. Not before describing to me, in great detail, the 5 flavors of rice cakes and how good the chocolate ones were that were "dusted with powdered chocolate. chocolate without the non-health benefits".
Oh man-from-Smiths--I hope you enjoy your rice cakes and chocoholic ways :) I will forever be attempting to repress this part of me (or forcing moderation) until I can afford it!

I blame my mom. While she was pregnant with me she would lay out (this was before my dad was a dermatologist obviously) and in one hand have a tub of chocolate ice cream. In the other hand? A tub of peanut butter. Therefore, naturally, my two loves of this world include those two food items. Thanks mom--we're in this together now :)

I also half-envy those people who don't really like chocolate....but not really. They are missing out big time.

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh do I love chocolate too! This has become a later in life obsession.. My hubs is obsessed with candy and always has it around the house.. I find that it is better to throw it all away because there is NO way I can resist.. haha

    ReplyDelete