Ok if you haven't seen this movie:
go see it. Now. It's SO good! It's funny, heart warming, action filled--it has it all--not to mention great voices.Somehow, cartoon movies always make me cry and this one had me tearing up to the extreme at the end--tears actually fell! The 3 little orphan girls that he adopts are adorable and the ending is so touching to me! This definitely made me feel stronger about a subject that I had already been feeling kind of strong about ever since I got home from El Salvador:
Adoption.
I had never seriously considered adoption--always thought it was for people who couldn't have kids and kind of felt bad for the people who "had" to adopt. After spending much time in an orphanage in El Salvador and growing to absolutely love and adore the little boys I spent time with, my perspective has completely 150% changed.
I grew very close to one boy in particular, Ezekiel (as mentioned in previous posts). We did everything together and there is seriously not ONE day that I don't think of that boy and miss him with all my heart. I would always say, and still do, if I was in a position to, I would adopt that boy in a heartbeat. I could totally be a single parent and go to BYU, right?! haha. He had the kindest heart and I loved talking with him, forming a relationship, hearing his dreams and teaching him things as well. They all had such hard lives but were so loving.
My feelings added to the picture of 3 girls' and 1 man's lives completely changed for the better by love due to the adoption process (in the movie) has made me yearn for the day that I can adopt!
To be able to show a child unconditional love and teach them the ways of life and give them a better home than they have ever had and maybe ever imagined would be a dream come true for me. I can think of nothing more rewarding! That child (my child)'s life would never be the same and MY life would never be the same--all changed for the better.
Don't get me wrong--I realize that the adoption process is a lengthy one and often filled with many difficulties along the way (before and after) but to just imagine a little boy like Ezekiel in my loving home makes me so happy and I hope I can have that opportunity one day!
What a neat thing adoption is--I wish more people did it!
I would love to adopt from a Latin American country as well--I'm not biased at all :)
Anyway, not sure if this will for sure happen but right now in my life I would love to say that I am planning on it for one day in the future and have definitely been feeling strongly about it for multiple reasons.
We'll see :) But I'm really glad that I have now learned the value of adoption and had my perspective change to realize what a wonderful thing adoption can be!
I totally agree! I think adoption has gotten kind of a bad stereotype because of all the celebrities adopting foreign babies, it almost seems trendy. I think it is amazing though! I have seen the lives of so many children changed by coming to loving families in the U.S. It is so admirable and I would love to adopt one day! Great post!
ReplyDelete--Shelby